Best meatballs ever!



Start with a large bottle of ketchup and a 2-litre 7-Up. Yep, that's all you need for one of the best meatball sauces ever. The secret IS in the sauce.

Pour in the whole bottle of ketchup and about 2/3 of the 7-Up. (You can add more later if the sauce gets too thick... not likely.) Let simmer about 30-45 minutes.

Normally, I'd make my own meatballs, but it's just way too hot to do that much cooking, so I took a shortcut. (Note: I've found it's a good idea to heat the meatballs first so you can drain off the excess grease.)


Drop the meatballs in and simmer another hour or so. the longer, the better. The sauce will thicken, if it lasts long enough.

DS topped his sandwich with American cheese.


Duller opted for the mozzarella.


This is my most-requested 'potluck' dish. The meatballs are great alone, as well, Just lay out the toothpicks and watch them disappear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Accidental Kitchen © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger