Egg noodles three ways



It seems every week there's another reason to tighten our belts just a bit more. And with our stove on the fritz it's become an even bigger challenge. The repairman fixed the top, but the timer thingy that runs the oven is shot. Seeing's how it'll cost well over $300 to repair, we're just going to buy a new stove. Aaaaaanyhoo, we all love pasta, so it's becoming a more frequent menu item.

Last week, I came across a really good, and way easy, linguini recipe and converted it for egg noodles. The guys have loved it several times. First with (Italian-seasoned) chicken breasts, then pork chops, and finally ground beef.

First, cook a 16-oz bag of egg noodles as directed. While they're boiling, place lemon slices in a deep pan and heat just a little. Don't let them get too hot or they'll be bitter. Add about 2 cups of chicken broth and a nice sprinkling of thyme. Drain the noodles, add to the lemony broth and simmer for a few minutes.


For the ground beef version, I just browned a pound of on sale meat, drained, then added ½ pack of dry onion soup mix and a couple tablespoons water. Add the meat to about 1/3 of the noodles and stir.

Plate up and enjoy. It's good just like that, but we added a dollop of sour cream and had a nice stroganoff.

If you have a tiny family like ours, serve up noodles under chicken the next day and under pork chops the next. For all y'all who have normal families, maybe you can have seconds. 8-} You'll probably want to double the ground beef and use the whole pack of onion soup mix.

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Hey there!!
I didn't notice this was you till I checked out your other blogs! I follow your Shabach one.

I just picked up Egg noodles really cheap at Publix. They are so versatile.

As for printing coupons.. yes, I have been a member of My Points for YEARS and was so happy when they started doing coupons!!

momstheword said...

It sounds yummy! We love pasta! My oldest loves white shells and cheddar and my youngest loves alfredo pasta. Hmmm, I'm getting hungry, lol!

Kathy C. said...

LOL...I'm with you on the tiny family! :) Love these meals that last all week, :)

SwampAngel65 said...

Sounds deeelish! I've made that before, but haven't in a while. Think I'll have to stop at Winn Dixie on the way home for some egg noodles (or as I used to call them "fat, flat noodles".

Post a Comment

 
The Accidental Kitchen © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger